Why is it worth moving from Boston to Philadelphia?
If you’re considering a move from Boston to Philadelphia, you may be wondering if it’s worth the hassle. After all, both cities are Northeastern hubs with rich histories and plenty of culture. So, which one is right for you?
Here are 10 reasons it’s worth moving from Boston to Philadelphia:
- Cost of living: Philadelphia is much more affordable than Boston. In fact, according to Numbeo, the cost of living in Philly is almost 30% lower than in Boston. That means you’ll have more money in your pocket to enjoy the city’s great restaurants, bars, and cultural attractions.
- Job market: The job market in Philadelphia is growing rapidly, thanks to the city’s burgeoning tech scene. In fact, Philadelphia was recently named one of the top 10 cities for job seekers. If you’re looking for a new job, Philly is a great place to be.
- Quality of life: Philadelphia is a great place to live if you’re looking for a relaxed and affordable lifestyle. The city has a large arts and culture scene, and there’s always something going on in the vibrant neighborhoods. Plus, it’s easy to get around Philadelphia without a car – the public transportation system is excellent.
- Weather: Boston can be pretty cold and damp in the winter, while Philadelphia enjoys mild winters with plenty of sunshine. If you’re not a fan of cold weather, Philly is probably a better choice for you.
- Proximity to other cities: Philadelphia is centrally located in the Northeast, making it a great base for exploring other cities in the region. New York City, Washington D.C., and Baltimore are all just a short train ride away. Philly is also a great place to visit if you’re looking for a bit of history and culture.
- Diversity: Philadelphia is a very diverse city, with a large population of immigrants. This makes for an interesting and vibrant city culture that you won’t find in many other places.
- Restaurants and bars: Philly has some of the best restaurants and bars in the Northeast. There’s something for everyone, from high-end eateries to dive bars. And you can’t beat the price – most Philly restaurants are very affordable.
- Nightlife: If you’re looking for a good time, Philadelphia is the place to be. The city’s nightlife scene is vibrant and diverse, with something for everyone. From live music venues to trendy nightclubs, Philly has it all.
- Parks and green spaces: Philadelphia is a very green city, with plenty of parks and green spaces to enjoy. This is a great place to live if you’re a nature lover or aspiring urbanite.
- Schools: Philadelphia has some of the best schools in the country, both public and private. If you have kids, they’ll be happy in Philly’s excellent school system.
So, what do you think? Are these 10 reasons enough to make you want to move from Boston to Philadelphia? If not, there are plenty of other reasons to consider – Philly is a great city with much to offer. So, why not give it a try?
If you need Boston to Philly movers, we recommend contacting this moving company. They will help you move quickly, efficiently and at affordable rates.